CLIO AWARDS 17 | SOCIAL MEDIA
THE EXPRESSIONISTS HOLIDAY CAMPAIGN
IMPACTFUL VIDEO SERIES TOLD THROUGH MILLENNIAL EYES
- Activate Express’ Holiday campaign across digital platforms by launching “The Expressionists,” a series told through the eyes of entrepreneurial millennials who are relatable to the target consumer.
- Align with product messaging and holiday-adjacent cultural conversations by creating bespoke, digital-first content with narrative and utility.
- Engage with brand loyalists and reach new fans by expanding brand reach via influencers in consumer-relevant segments.
HOW WE DID IT
SHOWCASE DIVERSITY AND AUTHENTIC SITUATIONS
- By showcasing a diverse cast of individuals from different backgrounds and of varying body types, Express won over millennial fans who were looking for brands that encapsulated their ideals for a more inclusive society.
- Since Express was seamlessly contextualized within the narrative and related to the passions of these influencers, there was genuine interest from their highly engaged audiences around the products they were using and wearing within the content. The product was not obscured by the narrative but rather emphasized whilst shown in context.
HIGH LEVEL OF FAN ENGAGEMENT
- A wide range of opportunities for viewers to interact with Expressionist content, with both Express channels, and the social platforms utilized by The Expressionists themselves generating hundreds of thousands of engagements.
- 129.7K engagements across Express social channels and 199.6K engagements via the social channels of The Expressionists, equaling a total of 329.3 engagements.
- Fans became interested in purchasing the items showcased in the Expressionist content, often asking questions directly to their Expressionist of choice.